Testosterone is the primary hormone that interacts with skeletal muscle tissue and as many know, testosterone's role is paramount in muscular development.
This article details a step by step procedure for increasing natural testosterone production within the body for increased gains in overall size and strength.
If there is one substance that could be considered the
"holy grail" of muscle growth, testosterone would be it.
Quite simply, testosterone is the most important muscle-building hormone in your body and is one of the limiting factors that determines how much muscle you can ultimately build. Here is just a small handful of the many amazing benefits that increased testosterone levels will provide you with...
- Increased muscle size and strength.
- Decreased body fat levels.
- Increased sex drive and sexual endurance.
- Improved mood.
- Decreased levels of "bad" cholesterol.
Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? Well it is, and in this article I'm going to outline 10 simple steps to naturally raise your testosterone levels and achieve all of these incredible benefits. While these steps will not result in "steroid-like" muscle gains, they will definitely contribute to your overall bottom line results.
Here they are . . . .
1) Use compound exercises as the
cornerstone of your workouts. I'm talking about the basic, bread-and-butter
lifts such as squats, dead lifts, bench presses, rows, chin-ups, dips, lunges
and military presses. These exercises will place your muscles under the greatest
amount of stress in the gym and will force your body to increase testosterone
2) Always train with 100% effort and intensity. If you want to see real muscle gains, you must be willing to push yourself to the limit in the gym. Again, greater muscular stress in the gym translates to higher testosterone output.
3) Train your legs equally as hard as your upper body. As you may already be aware, intense leg training can actually stimulate growth in your chest, back and arms. This is due in part to the increase in testosterone that leg training induces.
4) Increase your EFA consumption. Essential Fatty Acids from sources such as peanuts, avocadoes, fish and healthy oils like flax seed, olive and canola are a great way to naturally boost testosterone levels.
5) Reduce your intake of soy. Soy protein raises the body's levels of estrogen (the main female hormone) and this has a direct negative effect on testosterone levels.
6) Limit your consumption of alcohol. Alcohol has been shown to have quite a dramatic effect on testosterone levels, so try to limit your "binge drinking" nights and keep your alcohol consumption in moderation.
7) Increase your dietary intake of cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, turnips, cabbage and brussel sprouts have all been shown to dramatically reduce estrogen levels, thereby raising testosterone.
8) Lower your daily stress levels. Being overly stressed stimulates the release of "cortisol", a highly catabolic hormone that will cause your testosterone levels to plummet.
9) Increase your sexual activity. Sexual stimulation causes the body to increase the production of oxytocin which increases endorphin production (the "feel-good" chemical), and this also raises testosterone.
10) Make sure to get adequate sleep every night. A lack of sleep contributes to cortisol production, and this will lower your testosterone levels.
About The Author
Start implementing these techniques on a consistent basis and you should experience a noticeable increase in your muscle size and strength gains.
He's currently promoting a book for longtime friend /bodybuilding expert, fitness author and writer, Sean Nalewanyj.
Testosterone Boosting Products
"NEW Anabolic Testosterone building supplement"
Cutting Edge Anabolic Supplements - Make Extreme Muscle Gains
Weight Training / Weight Lifting Equipment / Bodybuilding Supplements / Site Map / Anabolic Supplements / Hyper Gain
(c) Copyright 2000 The Pumping Station